The Methuen Police Department’s Administrative Bureau's function is to allow for the the management of Methuen Police Department Rules and Regulations. The Administrative Bureau Commander is also the Department's grant manager and writer.
The Methuen Police Department’s Grant Manager is in charge of developing and writing grant proposals to state, federal and private grant making organizations. The Grant Writer is responsible for the following:
- Works to persuasively communicate the Methuen Police Department's mission and programs to potential funders.
- Is in charge of assembling and submitting grant requests including letters, proposals, budgets and presentations.
- Works to establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with state, federal and private contacts and program officers.
- Ensures prompt acknowledgement of grant offers.
- Maintains calendar to ensure timely submission of required monthly, quarterly, year end and grant end reports.
- Processes timely requests of fund reimbursements.
- Prioritizes projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner and to meet deadlines.
- Manages supplemental material requests.