Methuen Police Dept. - Emergency Management: 978-983-8698
Methuen Fire Department: 978-983-8940
- From National Grid: The best defense against severe weather conditions and potential outages is to be prepared, safe and informed.
- Customers can receive text message alerts and updates by texting the word STORM to NGRID (64743).
- To report an outage, call 1-800-465-1212 or visit Outage Central from a computer or smartphone.
In the case where a house or business losses electricity or gas, National Grid customers may contact the 24-hour customer service center at:
- Power outage calls to 1-800-465-1212
- Any other calls to 1-800-322-3223
- Customer Service (gas) 1.800.640.1595
- Customer Service (electric) 1.800.322.3223
- Internet access during a storm/emergency, outages may be reported and additional information may be found on the National Grid website
Snow Blower Safety - If Your Snowblower Jams:
- Turn it OFF!
- Disengage clutch.
- Wait five seconds after shutting machine off to allow impeller blades to stop rotating.
- ALWAYS use a stick or broom handle to clear impacted snow.
- NEVER put your hand down chute or around blades.
- Keep all shields in place. DO NOT REMOVE the safety devices on the machine.
- The Methuen Fire Department has released some important Portable Generator Safety Tips
- Methuen-specific information on the Police Department Twitter account
- Storm Tips from MA Emergency Mgmt (MEMA)