Records Department Hours
Monday thru Thursday: 7:30am to 4pm - Closed for lunch from Noon to 1pm
Friday: 7:30am to 11:30am
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Records Phone: (978) 983-8745
The Records Division’s main responsibilities are to securely store, retrieve, distribute and dispose of police reports. Police reports consist of investigation reports, property reports, supplemental reports, vehicular accidents, arrests, and miscellaneous incident reports. All reports are assigned a "case number" and are maintained numerically.
Obtaining copies of a record
- The Records Division's is located at the main entrance to the police department, and is open to the public Monday thru Friday. Reports can be picked up during the hours posted below. Reports or requests for reports can be taken in person or by mail. Please provide as much information as possible when requesting a copy of a report, i.e. case number. If the case number is not known, the records division can search for the report by a name of parties involved, date, location or type of incident. Please note that there is a nominal charge for all copies of records.Under state law certain records are not available. Examples of records which are not available include:
- Accidents or incidents involving criminal charges, which may result in incarceration and have not been adjudicated.
- Accidents or incidents, which are still under investigation.
- Records, which are expressly prohibited from disclosure to the public by statute.
- Link to Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Accident Report Form
You may acquire a copy of your record from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Criminal History System's Board. Forms for such a request are available at the Methuen Police Department, or through the Commonwealth of Massachusetts by submitting a Personal Criminal Record Request Form.