METHUEN TRANSFER STATION INFORMATION
Huntington Avenue, Methuen, MA 01844 - Phone: 978-983-8892
Transfer Station Hours:
Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 2:00pm (Last load accepted at 1:45pm)
Saturday: 8:00am - Noon (Last load accepted at 11:45am)
++ NOTICES ++
* Mattresses and Box Springs will no longer be accepted at the Methuen Transfer Station. They can be placed with your curbside trash pick-up, one (1) set per week.
* The Methuen Transfer Station will accept RESIDENTIAL construction debris from Methuen residents. Commercial construction debris will not be accepted.
* Individuals who own residential property in Methuen, but do not live in Methuen, must purchase a permit sticker to use the Transfer Station. You must provide two (2) proofs of address to confirm that you own a residence in Methuen.
* No Commercial Business Allowed
* Brush in bags will not be accepted - Grass and leaves in plastic bags will not be accepted
* Propane tanks can only be brought to the Transfer Station on Wednesdays, 7am-Noon and Saturdays, 8am-Noon. 20 pound gas grill tanks only
++ A Permit Sticker is Required to Enter the Transfer Station ++
Non-Commercial Vehicles: $10 per year
Pickup Trucks, Vans, etc.: $40 per year
Senior Citizens (age 62 and over): No Charge for Stickers
$100 per ton for Trash
$125 per ton for Demolition
White Goods - $25.00 (No charge for senior citizens)
20-pound propane tank - $5.00
Car tires without rim - $1.00, with rim - $3.00
Small Truck Tires without rim - $5.00, with rim - $10.00
Leaves, grass, brush: Residents Only - No charge, Contractors - $10.00 for first 1000 pounds and $1.00 for every 100 pounds after.
Money Orders will only be accepted for appliances, televisions, and stickers. Trash, demolition, and brush will require personal checks.
Wednesdays, 8am-Noon and Saturdays, 8am-11:45am (Small Fee involved based on items)
Television Drop-Off: 19" or less - $10.00, over 19" - $20.00
Computer Monitors - $10.00
* Only checks/money orders payable to City of Methuen are accepted for any fees, Cash is NOT accepted. Failure to pay or failure to abide by and of the rules and regulations set forth may result in revocation of permit.
* White goods (appliances) curbside pickup, along with disposal at the Transfer Station, are FREE OF CHARGE for Methuen senior citizens with proper identification.