During these difficult times, the Transfer Station will still be open for business. Please do not exit your vehicle and enter the Scalehouse. Practice Social Distancing. Thank you!
Transfer Station Hours:
Monday - Friday: 7:00am – 2:00pm (last load 1:45pm)
Saturday: 8:00am - Noon (Last load accepted at 11:45am)
50 Huntington Avenue, Methuen, MA 01844 - Phone: 978-983-8892
* Mattresses and Box Springs will no longer be accepted at the Methuen Transfer Station. They can be placed with your curbside trash pick-up, one (1) set per week.
* The Methuen Transfer Station will accept RESIDENTIAL construction debris from Methuen residents. Commercial construction debris will not be accepted.
* Individuals who own residential property in Methuen, but do not live in Methuen, must purchase a permit sticker to use the Transfer Station. You must provide two (2) documents to confirm address that you own a residence in Methuen.
* No Commercial Business Allowed.
* Brush in bags will not be accepted - Grass and leaves in plastic bags will not be accepted.
* Propane tanks can only be brought to the Transfer Station on Wednesdays, 7am-Noon and Saturdays, 8am-Noon, 20 pound gas grill tanks only.
+ Please Note that a Permit Sticker is Required to Enter the Transfer Station +
Non-Commercial Vehicles: $10 per year
Pickup Trucks, Vans, etc.: $40 per year
Senior Citizens (age 62 and over): No Charge for Stickers
Demolition-$125 per ton
White Goods - $25.00
Propane Tanks- 20 lb - $5.00
Car Tires without rim - $1.00, with rim - $3.00
Small Truck Tires without rim - $5.00, with rim - $10.00
Leaves, Grass, Brush: Residents Only –no charge, must have permit sticker.
Contractors - $10.00 for first 1000 pounds and $1.00 for every 100 pounds after.
Wednesdays, 8am-Noon and Saturdays, 8am-11:45am (Small Fee involved based on items)
Television Drop-Off: 19" or less - $10.00, over 19" - $20.00
Computer Monitors - $10.00
Only checks/money orders, payable to City of Methuen, are accepted for any fees, i.e. appliances, televisions, stickers, demolition and brush. Cash is NOT accepted. Failure to pay or failure to abide by and of the rules and regulations set forth may result in revocation of permit.
White goods (appliances) curbside pickup, along with disposal at the Transfer Station, is FREE OF CHARGE for Methuen Senior Citizens with proper identification.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS – DPW DIVISION
Q: What time does my trash need to be put out?
A: By 7:00 a.m. on the regularly scheduled day of your trash pickup.
Q: Where can I get barrels and recycling bins?
A: You may purchase them at a local store, no more than 50 gallons. Recycling barrels are usually blue with a recycle emblem.
Q: What items are not accepted by trash company - JRM Hauling Services? A: The trash company will not take demolished material, electronics, cardboard or appliances. You may take these items to the Transfer Station, 50 Huntington Avenue. There is a fee for these items.
Q: Will the trash company pick up bulk items as trash?
A: Yes, JRM Hauling Services will pick up one bulk item per week according to your trash day. Bulk Item Examples: Mattress and box spring considered as one item. Couch is one item, Chair is one item. Any questions please call DPW Management at 978-983-8545.
Q: What items are considered recyclable by E.L. Harvey Services and when is cardboard picked up?
A: The City recycles bi-weekly. Please see recycling details on our web page for details on scheduling and instructions and what can and cannot be recycled. Cardboard is picked up with your recyclables bi-weekly.
Transfer Station Hours:
Monday - Friday: 7:00am to 2:00 pm, Saturday: 8:00 am to Noon
Last Load Accepted 15 Minutes prior to closing
CHECKS ONLY, NO CASH IS ACCEPTED FOR DUMPING FEES AT THE TRANSFER STATION